Royal Artillery Park

Royal Artillery Park
Royal Artillery Park
Royal Artillery Park
Royal Artillery Park
Royal Artillery Park
Royal Artillery Park
Royal Artillery Park
Royal Artillery Park
Royal Artillery Park
Royal Artillery Park
Royal Artillery Park
Royal Artillery Park
Royal Artillery Park
Royal Artillery Park

The origins of Royal Artillery Park go back to the late 1790s when the site was acquired in the name of Prince Edward, the British Commander in Halifax to provide quarters, stores and headquarters for Royal Artillery personnel. The site includes the Commanding Officers Quarters (1805), Cambridge Military Library, Single Officers Quarters, Married WOs Quarters, 9th Siege Battery Memorial, extensive military memorabilia and the oldest military mess in Canada (1816).

Over the years Royal Artillery Park has undergone a number of changes and roles. Today it serves as headquarters for 36 Brigade Group and observes its 200th anniversary in 2016.

 
 
 

The Halifax Military Heritage Preservation Society is committed to safeguarding the personal information (including a member’s name, contact information, age, military affiliation, if any, and educational background, etc.) entrusted to the Society by our members in accordance with privacy issues and PIPEDA and/or provincial legislation and any applicable laws and regulations.


Ok